Study China Programme
The Study China Programme offers students a unique opportunity to experience Chinese life, culture, language and business.
The Study China Programme is managed by The University of Manchester and funded by the Government department for Business, Innovation and Skills.
This distinctive three week programme offers the opportunity to interact with Chinese students, academic staff, local families and businesses, providing profound access to this fascinating country. Throughout the programme you will be immersed in a vibrant campus environment at a leading Chinese University, ensuring that your Study China experience is truly unforgettable.
You will complete an intensive Chinese Mandarin course designed to develop your written and spoken language skills. We welcome applications from students with any level of language experience, from absolute beginners with no prior experience to fluent speakers. You will be placed in a tiered class depending on your ability.
Your Study China experience will not be confined to classroom learning.Through a curriculum of workshops, trips and excursions you will be introduced to the real China.
How much will it cost?
What is funded on your behalf by the UK government:
- Tuition for all classes
- Accommodation for the duration of the programme
- Organised trips and excursions
What you need to fund:
- Flights and personal spending money
You may be eligible to apply for financial assistance, please read over the Finance and Bursaries page for further information.
Why should I apply?
- Enhance your CV – transferable skills that you will acquire during the programme will give you a competitive edge when applying for future employment
- Global experience - employers actively seek out candidates with global experience in countries such as China.
- Open up new opportunities – learning a language will open up many different work and study opportunities enabling you to establish strong links with leading Chinese universities and peers from UK universities
- Pursuing a future career in China - Study China alumni are eligible to apply for scholarships to return to China.
Easter 2014 host universities:
- Beijing Normal University
- Shandong University
- Zhejiang University
Start date:Sunday 6 April 2014
Finish date: Saturday 26 April 2014
How do I apply?
The application process for the Easter 2014 programme will open on Monday 11 November at midday.
For guidance on how to submit an application please see the How to Apply page.